RVNA’s Physical Therapist Sheva Bassett with his client Tony
With 100 years of exceptional care, RVNA is available in the Brookfield area to serve you with physical therapy!
Area’s of expertise include the following:
- Seven days a week physical therapy is available
- Pre-operative Home Safety Evaluation
- CPM Machine Management
- Home Health Navigator [visits in the hospital]
- Physical Therapy weekend visits
- Lymphedema Certified Trained Therapist
- Certified Kensiotape Trained Therapists
- RVNA Member of Continuum of Care
- Occupational Therapist-post operative – ADL training
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Program
- Home Healthcare Aides
RVNA has received the HomeCare Elite 2013 Award for Excellence for the 2nd year in a row!
This recognition is of the top performing home health agencies in the U.S. The HomeCare Elite Award 2013 identifies the top 25 percent of Medicare-certfied agencies and highlights the top 100 and the top 500 agencies overall.
The Value of Vaccination Programs
According to a new study recently published in the New England Journal of Medicine, vaccination programs for children have prevented more than a million cases of serious contagious disease in the United States since 1924.
Scientists at the University of Pittsburg’s graduate school of public health analyzed public health records covering 56 diseases going back to 1888. The journal article focused on seven vaccine-preventable illnesses: polio, measles, rubella, mumps, hepatitis A, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough).
The researchers looked at the disease reports from the times before and after commercially available vaccines. The researchers also projected the number of cases that would have occurred if the pre-vaccination patterns had continued as the population increased.
The scientists said their research should inform the debate on the risks and benefits of vaccination, particularly for children. The journal article notes the recent resurgence of some diseases as some parents have resisted vaccinating their children. For example, whooping cough cases last year were the highest since 1959, with more than 38,000 reported cases nationwide.
This data was collected and analyzed with the help of grants from the NIH and the Melissa and Bill Gates Foundation. This data entry project – 200 million keystrokes – was done by Digital Divide Data, a social enterprise that provides jobs and technology training to young people in Cambodia, Laos, and Kenya. The project started in 2009, and required assembling 88 million reports of individual cases of disease, much of it from the weekly morbidity reports from the Centers for Disease Control library. The reports were then converted to digital formats, and will be available for the public to use for other projects.
RVNA is Your VNA, Affordable Home Health Care Brookfield at home services, ask for us by name….
RVNA has home health care Brookfield services and also services 22 other towns in Western, CT. Offering medical and non-medical home health care Brookfield services, or servicing you where ever you are, a rehabilitation center, assisted living or a skilled nursing facility, we are there for you.
A registered nurse is available 24-hours a day for home health care Brookfield services.
With almost 100 years of exceptional care, RVNA offers an array of home health care Brookfield services.
- Registered Nurse Case Management
- Primary Care Nursing
- Specialty Nursing including; – Transitional Care, [from one setting to another] – Chronic Disease Management Specialty Programs, – Behavioral Health Nursing, – Maternal/Child Health Nursing
- Physical Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Medical Social Worker/Care Management
Paraprofessional Care home health care Brookfield service include:
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Home makers
- Aging in Place Program
RVNA’s home health care Brookfield skilled Interdisciplinary Team Services
- Established Patient Centered Care Plan
- Chronic Disease Specialty Programs
- Education on Disease process & Self-Care
- Health Coaching
- Personal Care and general assistance including bathing, dressing and toileting.
- Mobility assessment, care planning, support, teaching and assistance.
- Medication reconciliation, education and reminders
- Light housekeeping and laundry, including linens
- Shopping and meal preparation
- Transportation and errands
- Companionship and socialization
Celebrating 100 years of exceptional care; RVNA is Your VNA; ask for us by name! Contact us at 203.438.5555